November 2nd, 2012
Want your wedding to be something memorable? Then you ought to be ready to try out new things. This would apply not just in the ceremony itself or with the themes that you will be using for it. You should think about unique ideas when it comes to the reception as well. Sometimes, that would be the part that would be more memorable to the guests. You have a better chance of making your event something to be remembered.
In order to help you out, here are some ideas to make your wedding reception a really memorable one:
- Pick a good location for your reception. Keep in mind that the location of the event is going to play a very crucial impression that you are going to make on your guests. A banquet room in a hotel would lend a different kind of air from a garden setting. You should pick the place carefully with the overall theme in mind.
- We have mentioned that you should think about a theme when picking a location. It should be the one consistent thing that would go through everything that you are going to use for your wedding. Be sure to pick your theme with care and use something in good taste. You want something unique but you don’t want it to be a joke.
- The décor also serves a crucial purpose when it comes to making your wedding an affair to remember. It should all be done in good taste and of course it ought to be connected with the theme that you have picked for your event.
- It is tempting to try out new things but sometimes classic is best. That’s why you should try to stick to as much as you can for your wedding. This would of course depend on the theme that you have chosen, but try to place as much as you can. Tell your florist and decorator about that.
- Don’t stick to the old idea that tables should all be uniform and the same. You can try out new things. Spread them out and separate them. Give a unique decoration to each. That would make each table a special one.
- Have some lounge furniture on your reception to make it more intimate. This would even be more important if the event is a really large one where you have invited a lot of guests.
- Lighting is always important to an event like this. Make sure that the lighting for your event is going to be adequate.
These are all useful ideas when it comes to creating unique wedding receptions.
October 16th, 2012
The wedding photographer is the one that will make the moment linger after the moment is gone. Fifty years in the future you will be revisiting that moment through photographs. That moment is magical but the way it was captured on film was a disaster. So horrible, you can have a 10-year-old child take pictures with a disposable camera and still get the same results for a lesser cost. The memory of the magical moment is forever ruined by a lousy photographer.
Your wedding is a decisive moment when two hearts become one. It is important that a photographer is able to capture each precious moment for posterity. Capturing the essence of a wedding is to evoke the memory and relieve the glorious moments. A perfect wedding photographer will capture in 3R the vivid memories of a life time.
When considering hiring a wedding photographer you need to understand some basics. In this article we will be giving some tips for your guidance in your choice for a wedding photographer.
Tip no. 1 – A wedding photographer understands the importance of the wedding album. The wedding album is the single best repository of the memories of the special event. If it is shabbily done; just imagine how your grandchildren would think about your wedding. The wedding album will be shown to friends and family. It will not be seen once or thrice but a lot of time. The wedding photographer must be able to capture a lasting impression on your wedding album.
Tip no. 2 – Never hire a relative as your wedding photographer. “I know that cousin Jim is a shutterbug; but has he done weddings?”, you think. There are a lot of elements involved in wedding photography. Technical stuff that makes wedding pictures stand out of the ordinary. We are not talking about street photography or photojournalism. Wedding photography captures life and love in the midst of the congregation of family and friends. Don’t ruin it by hiring an amateur.
Tip no. 3 – Look for previous work. It is important that you look at the wedding photographers’ portfolio. This is evidence that he can do justice with your memories. Trust your photographer to capture each magical moment as it happens. It is important that you have complete belief and trust in your photographer to make magic last forever.
Tip no. 4 – Determine if the fee is within budget. Of course you want the best for your wedding photographs but can you afford it? Some wedding photographers offer package that will suit your budget. You also have to coordinate with them closely in terms of how the wedding will unfold so they can anticipate where to capture the essence of the wedding.
Tip no. 5 – Ask for recommendations. If a friend just got married it would be nice to ask for advice. It is also good to look at the portfolio of some wedding photographers online. It may sound mundane; Facebook can give you some idea on the wedding photographer in your locality. Some of them have business pages where you can get ideas and samples of their work.
The important thing about hiring wedding photographers is they know what they are doing. Good wedding photographers need not to be expensive. It is important that you get your money’s worth in preserving the memories of that magical moment forever.
October 16th, 2012
Your choice of a wedding celebrant will make a whole lot of a deal in the conduct on your wedding day. Without the ceremony, the wedding is not a wedding. The exchange of vows will be the summit of the wedding. It is important to look for someone that is able to solemnize the affair. The choices that you make on your important day will impact its success.
In the course of organising the wedding, premium is placed on finding the perfect dress, the most beautiful bouquet and the experienced wedding photographer. Down the list, is the choice of wedding celebrant—which is not given the priority it deserves. Lest we forget without him there would be no wedding in the first place. In order to make this momentous occasion become an affair to remember, let us consider things on organising the perfect wedding celebrant for your special day.
- Is he available? It is important that the chosen wedding celebrant is available to officiate on your wedding day. Be sure to close out the date on his calendar. Most celebrants are booked anywhere from six months to two years in advance. Make sure that they are able to attend your wedding or there would be no wedding. In case, he is booked solid; ask for referrals.
- Is he too expensive? Discuss the fees. It is important that you understand the costs involved in hiring a celebrant. It is important to know if the celebrant’s fee covers all costs or does he make separate charges for each service he renders. It is important to know this so it can be aligned with your budget.
- Is he accredited? About 70 percent of marriages in Australia are performed by civil celebrants. They need to pass the requirements of the Attorney General. It is best to look for credentials online or ask the Attorney General’s office. It would be best if the celebrant is a member of an organization that you can refer for credentials.
- Am I comfortable with the celebrant? It is important that you build a connection with a celebrant. He must be able to make you feel relaxed during the moment when anxiety attacks. You will not be able to avoid these feelings when the moment that you have been waiting for has come. It is a good idea to get in touch with two or more celebrants before choosing the one for your wedding.
- Is the celebrant well-prepared? The celebrant needs to have the resources to make the wedding a success. He must be able to give you sound advice about the wedding and other requisites prior to the marriage. He must be well versed in the legal requirements and other stuff that you need to know when you enter into a life of marital bliss.
- Can the celebrant make it? What if you have booked the celebrant two years ago, unfortunately met an accident the other day—does he have a vice? You need to know where to get a back-up in case emergencies happen.
Remember choosing the right celebrant will greatly impact your wedding. Be sure you choose the right one for the right price. A careful and informed choice will spell the difference between disaster and success. Good luck!
September 24th, 2012
Preparing for a wedding can be a very stressful event. The combination of strong emotions, the expenses and the demanding schedule can make you feel overwhelmed with the responsibilities. It even becomes more demanding and challenging if you and your spouse are both keeping jobs that you just couldn’t find a lot of time to stakeout the best suppliers for the gowns, the wedding venues, the florists, the photographers and any other type of services that will be included to make your wedding ceremony successful.
Hiring wedding planners for weddings have become increasingly prevalent these days because of these reasons. Wedding planners are also equipped with updated information on where and how to find the best deals on all wedding supplies. Best of all, wedding planners are experienced in handling the stress that comes with planning a wedding, be it in keeping up with the wedding budget, dealing with the requests of the clients, and professionally keeping all of the wedding elements together. Selecting the right wedding planner for your wedding ceremonies will undeniably save you a lot of time and even money. Although you might be thinking that their services cost a lot, most wedding planning services are actually reasonable and they can help you save on your wedding paraphernalia since they already acquired discounts from their suppliers which also help them in providing competitive rates to their clients.
- First impressions matter. Plan to meet potential wedding planners. The first reason for this would be to check the services that they can offer you with and secondly, to see how they will fare according to your standards. If they have an office, this might give you an impression that they are professional in their approach, even if their office is set-up at home. Also, check on how they carry themselves. Are they well-dressed? Do they look confident or do they seem to be flustered when they arrived at the place? Your first impressions will actually say a lot in this business since you need a wedding planner with impeccable style and the cool confidence that goes with it.
- Portfolio and services. Their resume of experience and their package rates should be printed and indicated in their portfolio so you are aware if you can hire them for the entire duration of the your wedding preparation or on the day itself. The rates should be indicated clearly so you can set a budget for their professional fees. Don’t feel intimidated when asking them about the scope of their services and their experience in the business. You can gauge from here if they are professionally reliable and if they are flexible to your demands.
- Ask for references. Feedback from past clients are equally important since they will give you an idea of what to expect on the most special event in your life. If they are still starting out in the business and you are their first client, you can still give them a good break but make sure that they have back-up plans and that they are mentored by more experienced professionals in the business.
August 8th, 2012
There is little doubt about the importance of your wedding day. That is why it is just appropriate that you spend as much time, money and effort in making it as memorable as possible. If there is one day when you ought to be genuinely happy in your life then it has to be your wedding.
It would be hard to achieve that aim though if you have to worry about so many things about your wedding. When trifles become major worries, it just means that you need some help in making decisions. That’s where we come in.
We are an authority when it comes to all the stuff that you are going to need for your wedding. From finding the right celebrant, to picking the right photographer, we can help you out with all of that. You can visit our site to find information regarding making decisions on those matters, information that you know is totally reliable and very useful.
The problem right now is that there are so many so called “experts” on wedding matters today. Yet they are offering conflicting tips and guides. They couldn’t all be right and what’s even worse is the possibility that they could all be wrong. You might be making a huge mistake by following their guidance.
You can cast aside that fear when you are getting information from our website. We are genuine experts in the wedding field, with many years of experience in dealing with the different aspects of it. We know what it takes to pick the right vendors, the perfect location and the ideal date. If you need wedding invitations, you can get them printed from our friends at CPC.
Just check out our site and you would see right away how we can make all of those claims. When we say that we are the wedding experts that you need, we mean it.